If you are looking to start your career at House with No Steps, read up about our recruitment process.
- Assessment of your application - review of your resume and cover letter against the position requirements and selection criteria.
- Shortlisting of applications - review of all applications to identify candidates who will be invited for an interview.
- Face-to-face interview - if you are invited to attend an interview, you’ll meet with our recruitment team.
- Reference checks - before an offer is made, we will ask for details of your referees. Referees should ideally be a former manager or supervisor.
- Background checks - all our employees are required to undergo a criminal record and working with children check. Some positions may also require a medical assessment. Medical details are kept confidential.
- Offer - if you are the successful candidate, we’ll contact you to discuss and agree on the conditions of your employment. Once agreed, we’ll prepare an offer of employment.
- Commencement of work - upon commencement, you will receive a two day site induction and a one day corporate induction to welcome you to our team.
If you have attended an interview and were not successful, we will contact you to let you know why we are not progressing further with your application.
For those interested in Support Worker roles, throughout the year we run 1hr recruitment sessions in NSW, Qld, and the ACT.
These sessions include information about being a Support Worker and provide the opportunity to ask questions and participate in group scenarios and exercises.
Through this process, we look at our candidate's values and attitudes towards people with a disability, their creativity, and their ability to fit within our organisation's person centred focus.