Speech pathology for children, teenagers, and adults with a disability
What is speech pathology or speech therapy?
Speech Pathologists (sometimes called Speech Therapists) provide support to people who have difficulty communicating or swallowing.
Despite what the name suggests, speech pathologists don’t just help people communicate with speech – they also help people to communicate in other ways such as using assistive devices or key word boards.
Our Speech Pathology services
Mealtimes and swallowing
We work with individuals to help them manage swallowing so their mealtimes are enjoyable and safe.
Support with mealtime and feeding can include:
- Management of coughing, choking, gagging, or difficulty chewing
- Pain while eating or drinking
- Fussy eating or a limited range of intake
- Infant feeding difficulties (breastfeeding, bottle feeding, transitioning to solid foods)
We work with individuals to help them improve their communication including:
- Communicating with others
- Using words and sentences to share needs, thoughts and ideas
- Understanding words
- Being understood
- Improving speech clarity and supporting a weak or atypical voice
- Understanding, listening and following directions
- Using communication devices and aids
For those communicating with the person such as families and carers, we also provide communication training.
We can work with individuals to help them learn social skills including:
- Using communication appropriately in social settings (work, school, recreation)
- Making and maintaining friendships
- Developing confident communication
How can I access Enhanced Supports?
We offer a variety of ways to access our services.
We are a registered provider of supports under the NDIS and can provide services approved and funded in your NDIS Plan. The most common NDIS categories of support for Enhanced Supports include:
- Improved Daily Living
- Improved Relationships
- Support Coordination
Medicare: Chronic Disease Management Plan
We are registered providers of Medicare and are able to offer a subsidy to the cost of services we provide. Services which may be covered under this plan include:
- Occupational Therapy
- Speech Pathology
We also welcome individuals, professionals, and organisations to contact us for private fees.
Where are our Enhanced Supports services?
We offer Enhanced Supports services, in several regions across NSW and Queensland including:
- Far North Coast
- Mid North Coast
- New England & North West