Workshops designed for children who have a sibling with a disability
When children have brothers or sisters with a disability, they may experience many unique situations, feelings, and challenges. With this in mind, we’ve set up workshops to give siblings the support and sense of connection they need.
How our workshops help
At House with No Steps’ workshops, siblings can:
- Meet other children who have a sibling with a disability, in a fun and relaxed setting
- Talk about their situation, share positive and negative feelings, and learn that they’re not alone
- Raise concerns and issues in a safe, supportive environment
- Share experiences and help each other handle challenges they may face – for example, dealing with reactions others may have toward their sibling
- Enjoy some special time and attention, and have some fun
House with No Steps also runs a related support group for parents, where parents have the opportunity to focus on sibling worries and helpful ways to deal with them.