Find out more about joining our Abilities for Life regular support team by taking a look at our frequently asked questions.
Why is regular giving important?
People with a disability require long-term support. Many are unable to access the support they need. Monthly giving provides a predictable and stable revenue stream, giving us the ability to grow our services, and be innovative and responsive to the needs of the people we support. Regular giving by automatic deductions is one of the most cost-effective ways of supporting our work.
What is Abilities for Life?
Abilities for Life is the name of House with No Steps’ regular giving program, which supports the expansion of our Children’s Services.
What services does House with No Steps provide for children and their families?
House with No Steps’ services cover children with all types of disabilities. Our key services are:
- Early Intervention: centre-based and in-school support for 0-8 yrs.
- Respite Services: centre-based and community participation programs for children and their families.
- Foster Care: in-home and supported accommodation to provide secure and sustainable support for families.
How can I join Abilities for Life?
Please contact us and nominate a credit card or bank account and we will set up your automatic monthly deduction for your nominated amount. As a guide:
- $35 a month can help provide a child with assistive technology that overcomes barriers to communication
- $45 a month can help provide early intervention therapy so each child gets the one-on-one support they need to reach their potential.
- $55 a month can help provide a child with specialised equipment to build physical strength and independence.
What is the minimum amount?
We accept monthly donations from $10 a month.
When do my automatic deductions happen?
You can choose to donate on the 1st or 15th of the month.
Are my donations tax-deductible?
Any donations over $2 are tax-deductible. We will send a consolidated tax receipt at the end of the financial year.
What is the length of time I need to donate?
There is no set length of time for regular giving. You are able to stop at any time by contacting us with two weeks’ notice.
How do I find out more?
Contact us on 1800 068 064 (toll-free) or at firstname.lastname@example.org