Thank you so much for putting up your hand to help us support people with a disability
What is Community Fundraising?
Also called ‘peer-to-peer’ fundraising, Community Fundraising is all about raising funds by working with your local communities. It is a wonderful way to get the community we live in excited about the great work we do at House with No Steps and raise some much valued funds.
Anybody who wants to chip in can and we are here to make it as easy and fun for you as possible!
Why fundraise for House with No Steps?
As one of Australia’s leading disability service providers, House with No Steps is dedicated to giving people with a disability greater choice, control, and freedom – empowering them to live life on their own terms. House with No Steps strongly believes in a society in which every local community demonstrates, by its actions and attitudes, that it truly respects, values and empowers all people with a disability.
Our passionate commitment to making this a reality manifests itself through our positive focus on ability and achievement. And this has been given newfound focus in our Purpose; ‘We help people with a disability live a great life.’
The demand for our services has grown in leaps and bounds in the last few years and we now work with the community to be able to offer our vital services to the people we support. Many of the life-changing services we provide, such as Little Learners, our Early Intervention center in Forbes (NSW), would not be possible without the financial support of our generous donors. (p.s. – read about how Little Learners has helped little Zayla. It’s a heartwarming story)
- Make sure to read the Community Fundraising Guidelines: this will give you an idea of what you can do, and ensure that you don’t unknowingly break any rules!
- Complete the forms: we have a pre-event and a post-event budget form to help you keep track of what your expenses and profit margins are. We also have a registration form that we need before issuing you an Authority to Fundraise form.
- Now plan the event itself:
- Come up with your own idea or check out our list of some quirky fundraising ideas to get the ball rolling. Either way, we are happy to talk with you to figure out an event that fits just right.
- Familiarise yourself with the great work that House with No Steps does and ensure you can articulate it to potential participants and supporters. Stories of people with a disability whose lives have been significantly improved by our work are a great way of engaging with people. Check out these heart-warming stories and videos for a start…
- Online fundraising platforms: This is becoming increasingly popular as it is the simplest method of raising funds for all parties involved. You simply set up a profile on any of the many platforms available and send it around to your contacts. However, if you would like to do it ‘offline’, you can still do so and we will gladly help you with creating posters and flyers that you can stick in strategic places.
- Read here about Crowdfunding to raise high amounts on an ongoing basis. You can talk to us about how to set up a page and make the most of your campaign.
- Workplace Matching: if you are organising your event at work then make sure to check if your employer will match your donation. This is a fantastic way to share what makes you a unique individual in your workplace and doubling your support for your chosen charity!
- Say thanks: After the event is over, reach out to all those who helped you with the event and/or donated to you. It is always nice to reach out to simply thank them and let them know what the final amount you raised was.
There are other ways to get involved in fundraising for us. For your wedding or birthday, ask guests and friends to make donation in lieu of gifts. Or you could celebrate the life of a loved one with an in-memory event.
Let us help!
We understand that planning and fundraising for events can be daunting which is why we are here to help! From the initial chat where we can brainstorm together for ideas through to providing you with thank you letter and certificate templates, we will support you in making your event as fun and fantastic as possible.